11.08.2011

You Are Cordially Invited to Celebrate w/Me


The moment has yet to arrive but that doesn’t mean its not there.  Its bubbling and fizzling and crackling all around me.  A couple of times, I’ve felt like these glistening stars were surrounding my face…like the emoticon stars found in gmail….in essence, the moment has arrived but I haven’t slowed down to take it all in….i know, you wonder what moment I am talking about?? Well….not the party….but the moment of accepting that I have completed this project that has been so far coming, so “Detox’d” (get it??), so shelved, changed, forgotten, altered, edited, removed, changed, loved, sacrificed; man the list could go on forever….even though I know its done and can be left as is and be perfect, I haven’t sat still long enough since last Saturday to just sit back and open my heart up and cry in the palm of my hands and laugh at the wall while swimming in my accomplishment.  I will.  In due time.  I’ve been too busy planning the party, getting it together, hiring my assitants, which has finally been done, etc etc etc….and I have a show tomorrow and the Pink Bag Party is Saturday, so its still going.  I expect to only be able to decompress and see how I’m feeling about this whole thing after the party is over, when my brain is then allowed to really take in the whole thing.  Christmas will follow soon after, as will New Years, which leads up to my birthday, so somewhere in between all this, I will be able to look at what I’ve done.  And be proud.  But for now, the cd soiree has to be on point, just the way I see it. 

Which brings me to this blog.  I know people are wondering whats up with the party.  Is it invite only?  If so, why?  What does that say about the ppl NOT invited?  Who does she think she is?  Etc…..well…allow me to break it down and if you are not here to read this blog, then perhaps you never cared, didn’t care enough or just will never know and not be there.  Otherwise, if you are reading, you will hopefully walk away with understanding and joyfulness and will be RSVPing today. 

So here it is:

I have an intimate evening planned.  Its not gonna be an jY Feature set.  Its not going to be an all the best artists in the city lined up to perform.  This “soiree” will be about celebration.  It has an MTV Unplugged sort of vibe and is really personable and of value.  Its my night.  And although it IS my night, I want to celebrate you all.  And this will make more sense when the day comes, but I want to give back by way of performance to all of you who have supported me, be it from day one or starting in the last hour.  It doesn’t matter.  In my eyes, a supporter is just that: a supporter.  A fan is a fan.  Time serves no purpose in this instance.  With that said, I don’t want ppl to come because they didn’t have anything else to do.  I don’t want ppl to stray in or happen upon whats going on.  I want ppl who WANT to be there, to be there; no matter who you are or what you look like or how long you’ve known (or known of) me.

IF YOU WANT TO BE THERE, YOU ARE INVITED! Its that simple.  But the space is limited as well.  So I have to have an active count of ppl attending by the first (even if it changes) just so I know if I need to make alterations (such as changing venues, figuring out seating, etc)…..i am by no means a flawless individual, so I do not expect a flawless night, but I do want to do all in my power to make as close to flawless as I can get it.  Making sure ppl have somewhere to sit is highly important.  Making sure the is enough room for “the show”, the performer(s), the cds and extra stuff, AND the audience is highly important.  Now I’m going to be honest:  I am TERRIFIED of not having many ppl there.  I truly am.  Which might be secretly part of initial reasoning of invites because I can keep an active count on who all is coming so I know what to expect and don’t wind up surprised when its just me and four other ppl.  I don’t say that for attention purposes or for ppl to say “girl you know you are loved”.   I have no doubt that I am loved and respected even, but I am so scared of having this special night planned and it not be anyone there.  Lots of RSVP’s have come in, so I know it will be some ppl there but that doesn’t stop me from fearing the weather, life or just whatever the devil can come up with.  But I won’t let that fear stop me from thinking like I will have arena of ppl because the truth is, even if its me and three other folks, those ppl mean something and clearly so do I ….my life is worth more than being looked down upon by my fam….i’m more than a woman with no one to love my success with me.  I am more than a disappointment, a college dropout (geeez I’m going back again), I’m more than an ex-stripper, an unmarried lonely woman or a dog owner with no kids of her own.  I am accomplished.  And I am only such because of the awesome ppl I have met along the way.  And we will feel that  that evening!!!   And I want ANYONE who WANTS to be there and can be there to MARK YOUR CALENDAR and just shoot me an email, facebook, tweet,  text, message or wall post to say “I’m coming” …..you don’t need an invitation to get in.  you just need to let me know so I can keep a head-count.  I need to know by Dec 1 so if something needs to change (such as venue), it can within a reasonable time and so as not fuck up the flow. 

So there it is. 
Please come if you want.  Just please let me know.  I want you there.  You are not, not invited because you aren’t a part of the cool kids.  If you love me, then I think you are the coolest person ever!! (lol)…just that simple.  If you want to celebrate me, purchase the cd and leave with a sense of unity that you may have never felt before, please come.  This night is about me, it is my night, but this is just as much YOUR night …everything that I have come up with, put together or brainstormed is not to impress you, but to show you the same love you shown me over time (or in the last 24 hrs, 2 wks, 3 months or whatever)!!!!   This is it.  Now, shall we celebrate??

Your Presence Has Been Requested
To celebrate with Ms. januarieYork
The release of her first full length cd: “La Douleur eXquise ‘the eXquisite pain’”
On
December 17, 2011

For details on place & time, please inbox Ms York via fb, twitter, gmail, hotmail, blog, phone….anyway you know how to….

PLEASE RSVP BY DEC 1, 2011, 12am.
Mark Your Calendars.
It won’t be the same without YOU!

I love you endlessly & thank you from the truest bottom to top of my heart and soul.
                                                          -love, jY

No comments:

Post a Comment