1.09.2012

Right Now.....

.............there is a single tear lounging beneath my eye....it will fall momentarily.

i fear momentary falls.
wonder if i can get back up from them sometimes
how many times can i scrap the same knee before it needs amputating???

i'm listeing to Sia, Breathe Me, which has become one of my high rotation songs.

i'm not sad
or depressed
or upset
i'm just
blah

wordless
haven't written a poem in months.
not tripping on that because i've just been really busy with my art, so its not really a writers block thing ,but i wonder

"can i do it again"
can i write another poem that is just as meaningful and loved as Brownstone in Brooklyn or The Architect??? At what point will my work become not solid enough for the masses.....???


this cd
the gift and the curse

i should've expected it
a small innocent conversation only SLIGHTLY regarding my cd sent me left field so fast that i couldnt catch myself to get outta the rage zone.....

i'm living a double life
in the day i am a data entry clerk....with a much fancier title but not so fancy pay.
its a cool job, no complaints .....but if this were my mission, if i weren't an artist, i dont know how i'd feel about just being "this".....
but im ok

and i just wiped that tear off my cheek because its motion was so slow that the salty-ness started burning my cheek.....my facial skin is extremely sensitive

and so another has formed and is making its way into the corner, ultimately to fall down the side
probably get halted and burn my cheek again

so where was I???

oh ...my double life.....at night, i'm a student....shit, this is a triple life....going to school AGAIN...and not even saying for what because it shouldnt matter to anyone but myself....but something i throroughly enjoy....school reminds me that i have an outstanding degree that was a year away from completion and here i am starting over.....and running away from a bachelors degree i damn near had in my hand....another uncompleted project courtesy of me.

*sigh*
no regrets.
no plan b
its just this.....all i really have in this world is my art.....with my writing, i attempt to break the normal molds and do shit MY way....i attempt to prove doubters wrong, to make listeners listen and to above all things, inspire, enjoy and be free.

la douleur exquise.
it is definitely a case of exquisite pain
i fear not seeing this come into fruition
i've always related to Pac in that way, and i'm sure previous blogs may say something of that nature.......
i've always felt like my life would be cut short .....i'm not being a drama queen, i'm sharing something VERY personal......just wiped the second tear...which was actually about the 100th....my eyes have been doing this shit all day.....

the exquisite pain....where was i???
oh yeah, Pac....cut short.....so yeah, everyday i wake and try my hand at making something pop....making something regarding my art, get me to the next level, the next step...i dont want to be stagnant, i fear being forgotten and i have regular twitter meltdowns that might showcase exactly how humanely unstable i really am......but shit....this IS who i am.  Idk....
and i have about 75 onlookers.....i'm thinking of blocking several ppl....not to be mean, but ....man......idk...i might honestly create yet ANOTHER twitter page just for my ranting....just so i can get it out and not have to worry about who's reading and what they thinking because folks dont say shit...they just internalize it all.....just like i do with just about everything....so i get it.....interpretation can be a muthafucka....yeah....
but i say this all the time.  its like a recurring blog theme....dun dun dunnnnn: Will she get a twitter or not>> lol.....

i'm scared of being the artist with all the talent that was wasted....
here comes another forming tear....
this one is headed towards the opposite corner of my eye......
am i accomplished??? Yes....
according to my performing resume, i am accomplished.....
but between toggling these three lives....oh yeah, thats where i really left off....i was only on the second life......the third is obviously as an artist.....the artist in me, more often than not, is in check, revved and ready to move forward in motion.....
but the rest of me is always so fucking confused....
then i never know who i can REALLY talk to....what i need is to stop playing and get a therapist, so serious!!!!!
i've shrunk my trust level down so fine that i damn near only trust my dogs...i dont understand barking when i'm upset or venting. ....
.....me and my journal's trust was broken years ago...just ask Small Fries...i haven't been able to connect with journaling since....
man i just feel like i don't have anyone to talk to and i know i have people to talk to but i need somewhere, someone where i can just be honest and cry about who hurt me and not have to worry about will it or won't it be repeated incorrectly....
i need to be able to be  told when i'm in the wrong, but still comforted at the same time....
not patronized........
 there is an art to that......
...........i am of the belief that EVERY artist has some level of depression within them AND that EVERY artist NEEDS an outlet OUTSIDE of their art because although their art may be what has or used to heal them, when healing becomes work, it loses its "power"....not much....
but just enough....it becomes so full of business that mediation and alone time with one's respective art is the only time that any possible "healing" will occur....
although i write from my heart....from the depths of it, no lie.....and although poetry has grown me into a greater woman as of now and to be,
its "healing" power is not gone, but i'm more numb to it now than before when i touched the mic for the first time.....it always feels good....ALWAYS feels like LIFE....like REBIRTh...i've spoken this in poems before, i can't describe fully exactly HOW it feels to be one with the stage, the audience and your heart.....smh....and its good....and its great....and its fun....
but a full time or pursuing artist can't stay in the heavens for too long...one must come down and be about business, straighten up, voice on and GO!!
idk...i'm rambling..
, its not an easy thing to be an artist, FROM INDPLS no doubt!!!! But to try balancing all these lives, all these personalities and know which ones to turn on or off and when is hard......its the number cause of my legalities......today, i took down my artist profile because it seemed purposeless......i thought that profile was a way for the artist me to connect more personally with "the ppl" but i feel like ......idk....it makes me feel not good more than it makes me feel good.....


this place.....this is the one place i come to and get instant relief...i dump out whatever the heck i'm feeling and i often feel better because of it.....idk....the air condition at my job makes me shitty!!!! it makes me want to be an artist more than anything!!!  I know, i'm random....but thats me....i originally set out for this to be a collage of all the messages i've received about my cd & respective show.  Look what it turned out to be.

time for class.




1 comment:

  1. It's the random things that gives us the real us...keep speaking from your heart...always..

    ReplyDelete