10.06.2010

Muse Free Zone

i think something just hit me....and ....it is...that i am about to compete in the Individual World Poetry Slam....which means, i will be going against people who slam as a lifestyle....people who will probably take my poems and devour them word by word with one single line.....coming up with a one minute poem has been the most challenging thing ever...i need to be done writing by months end....i need to spend all of november getting prepared for it....the slam is the second week of december i think.....
yeah....
the time is upon me....
and i am just realizing how nervous i am ....like my heart just started racing and shit....
i have started getting emails from Slam people discussing rooms and fees and stuff....yeah...this shit is real....i cant even pull out ...that would be so cowardish...i never actually planned on competing...i just wanted to win the slam here....just because......well....lol...
i have my reasons why.....but i'll leave them where they lie
....still...i planned on just sorta "forfeiting" the prize to the next person...i just really wanted the win...it meant somthing to me that day...i dont know how much this IWS means to me....its not my field....this is so out of my character...it would be so crazy if i won....i dont know how likely that is to happen, but i dont want to speak no real negativity into existence.....hmmm...what IF i won....LOL

cue big grin....

yup....so i'm sitting here today...its like, going on three oclock in the afternoon...i missed my drivers test because i dont have any working turn signals, which means i STILL gotta watch out for the popo's....dammit!!! so i'm laying low...chilling....havent blogged in so long....i think this is my first blog on my new laptop, which i've had for about a month now : ) ....we truly adore each other......anyway....

i'm trying to keep it short and simple.....
im nervous...im also trying to spark the creativity inside of me...im trying to write a one minute poem....i have a blank word document up, and im staring at it....listening to my coltrane/nina simone pandora station....all this old timey music helps sometimes....i type to fast...so it makes me have more typos....of which i dont always remember to go back and fix....its not cause i cant spell....its cause i type to fast....i need a topic that i could powerfully discuss in one minute...

i need something that will pop out to me
something that i can draw verbally

i need something that will allow me to not concentrate on any of that, of which i just mentioned....

i need a muse.
for a quickie.

No comments:

Post a Comment