9.08.2010

The 10AM Epiphany

so i was thinking maybe i should start naming my epiphanies when i have them.....cause i have so many so often.....
its been awhile since i last blogged and i think the last one was bullshit cause i just happened to be around a computer for a sec, but i'm back.....maybe i'll put some of these wacky ass videos i have of myself on here .....for those of you who still visit this spot.....i guess you wouldnt though since i stopped blogging on a regular......well i'm back now.....
and to punish you for giving up on me, if you have, im not even gonna FB this blog....hahahahahha......that'll teach ya!!

Ok....i quit.....back to my epiphany......
so a friend asked me if i would be interested in going to culinary school together since we both like to cook....i told her sure because i've always wanted to go to culinary school......i've been putting it off though because i still am about one year away from a bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice...
something i messed up, messed around and ending up owing my school, therefore terminating my right to go back for the last two years, but i'm trying to get that cured up.....
i've been adament about finishing that degree....the shit is easy, i just  got into the core classes and i was enjoying it for what it was worth.....i let poetry get in the way......matter a fact, the last day i didnt go to class when i was supposed to, i attended a slam....
which i ultimately won, but who's judging me ???
lol
so i been thinking about school since she asked me......we are actually going to tour a couple (what the hey) today at noon......i was filling out an open house form for the Arts Institute when the 10am Epiphany happened.......
the page said "Arts".....everywhere.....culinary to my right, graphic design, fashion and all that other stuff to the left.....it was almost hard to remember i was already spoken for.....i really have always wanted to do culinary arts....matter a fact, the only reason i didnt pursue that particular degree was because NO school in Indy offered it when i started school and this was just 2007...maybe six.......so i went to Indiana Tech.....a business school....i've always been interested in Criminal Justice as well....forensics, crime scenes, stuff like that.......so i tried it, and it was working......but it was never really heartfelt.....there was always something missing......then The Arts Institute, which was two pyramids from my school, always taunted me with their big ass A shining off the side of the building......they put in the Culinary school shortly after my first semester.....i was hurt.......
FF to today.......im on this website......i'm not even gonna say how many times i've ventured to it, or to their booth somewhere at say, Penrod or some other events with vendors and shit.......but today it hit me....arts.....it stood out....it touched me.....and i realized that i've put in wonderful work for my criminal justice degree....but on more than five occassions (can't remember which letter is doubled, so i did em both) i've spoken that the odds were slim that i'd ever use it.....im so into the arts that, in the event writing doesnt work, i doubt that i'll ever be able to not have my hand in the this community some kind of way......

so why not jump the broom.....why not chance that i made a mistake, while a not so bad one, a mistake nonetheless......and the way to correct it is to go in the direction of the things i love.....graphic arts...big on my list.......fashion.....culinary....tops my list......why not say ok, i'm gonna do this....im gonna walk away from that, and pursue something to my heart.....while it is ideal that i finish what i started, which is something i've been known for not doing.....
at the expense of losing lots of credits and i have plenty, but i still have over a year left.....esp with the new classes they've since added.....should i  spend the year and a half fnishing that, just because i started it already, or spend the next year and a half, starting something new, close to my heart with true dedication and purpose.....?

i have the answer....
hope you have yours .

No comments:

Post a Comment